Hi, I'm Jaiden (also known as Mispy)! I work part-time as a freelance web developer, and in my spare hours I do some projects here. I originally studied biology at university.
I try to lead a peaceful life filled with quiet compassion and playful curiosity, and I think it would be nice to make this an achievable option for everyone.
In the past, I worked with researchers at the University of Oxford to build a bunch of the initial structure of Our World in Data.
I'm a little shy, but I like to make cool new internet friends (and sometimes travel to meet them!), so feel free to send me a message.
Dawnguide is my mnemonic medium project about how human minds work. I'm gradually collecting research there on how to positively influence thoughts and behavior, and combining it with flashcard memorization using the spacing effect.
So far, I've found the research on self-compassion to be especially meaningful. Many people try to achieve self-control through harsh self-criticism, but science does not support this strategy! It's better to be kind and encouraging towards the person that is you.
- I made Kanajolt, a minigame that helps you learn Japanese syllabaries by reading Pokémon names.
- You can play Pathspire, my little gamejam puzzle roguelike.
- I'm trying to archive the works of the mysterious webcomic artist Ryan Armand. If you happen to have pages from the Socks comics, let me know!
- Tiny web experiments: spectral pulse, hex gradients, positivity Plusle, spatial prisoner's dilemma
- Visualizing Advent of Code puzzles: 2018 day 23: Emergency Experimental Teleportation, 2019 day 3: Crossed Wires, 2019 day 6: Universal Orbit Map